Hello, hope people are still reading this blog. 😀
I'm here with an unboxing of my favourite Indian book box 'Books n Beyond'. The July theme was 'Dreams And Wishes' and it was nothing short of dreamy !
The box contents are everything related to the theme and they were either things in wanted n wished for in a long time. Like for instance, this beautiful dream catcher ❤️.
The Book of the month was announced along with the theme because it was an imported hardcover edition and the exact number of orders was required. That aside, how gorgeous is the BOOK!!!!!
Who wouldn't wanna own this beauty !?!
Although I'm just touching it n admiring it at the moment, haven't actually started to read it 😜
The entire box contents are as follows:
🔮The beautiful BOTM – Strange the Dreamer
🔮Hand of the King pin inspired from GoT
🔮notebook based on the theme
🔮a feather pen/ quill
🔮a book holder
🔮feather shaped sticky notes . .
I loved this box and everything that came with it ❤️
The theme for August is 'Sugar n Spice' and they have already revealed the BOTM – When Dimple met Rishi , the bestseller that has have been raved and liked by so many book worms ❤️ Can't wait!
Hola ! I’m so sorry for taking my blog for granted. I got slammed with too much work and I couldn’t read even a single book in May. I have pending e-galley reviews and book box unboxing posts. This one in particular is the Harry Potter special edition – Ministry of Magic box from BooksnBeyond Box. You might have come across their name in my list of Indian subscription boxes.
So the bookings for this box was opened in February and I jumped right in after seeing the words ‘Harry Potter’. There was so much suspense and sneak peaks given for this amazing box that it drove everyone CRAZY!!
So first things first was the Sorting Hat email that was sent out to all subscribers. We were at a liberty to choose the House we wanted and i chose Gryffindor.
The box promptly arrived in Mid May as promised and in came a world of magic n surprises.
The first thing that bowled me over was the – Acceptance Letter from Hogwarts… signed by Prof. Minerva McGonagall. It was a detailed letter printed on beautiful vintage paper giving it even more rustic look. The next thing that surprised my husband was the magic wand from Blithering Cannon. I was equally stunned after seeing the Gryffindor fact sheet and the customized House Notebook in addition to my first mini FUNKO POP!!!!!. There was a time turner pendant as well which was the most difficult thing for me to capture in a pic 😛
Hermione’s Time Turner
The entire box contents are as follows :
- Customized Hogwarts acceptance letter detailing the things that we need to get before school starts.
- Hermione’s Time turner pendant
- Magic wand (pencil) from Blithering Cannon
- Mini Harry Potter FUNKO POP keychain
- Customized Harry Potter quote mug
- Gryffindor House facts card and customized House notebook
- Customized Map of Marauder/HP quote (double sided) bookmark
- Customized Daily Prophet bookmark
- One way ticket from Platform 9 3/4
- Diary Milk Lickables
- BOTM – Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
Suffice to say, Books n Beyond Box did justice to the theme and the cost of the box. I totally recommend this book subscription service for Indian bibliophiles.
So y’all know I was squealing with delight when I ordered the ACOWAR box few months back!. To say I was impressed with its contents is an understatement. I’ve ben ordering so many book boxes recently and I loved all of them, but truth be told, I’m a 16 year old soul living in a body of 20+ married woman and eventhough I like reading YA still, my love for all things teenage-ish stops at that, i guess. Most of the boxes have been giving out stuff like art prints which I don’t think are of much use to me. Some even send out 2 or more art prints which I’m just stacking in a box.
So Story Trunk’s box had nothing of such prints, espcially the April box which i forgot to do an unboxing post, had three books and two bookish badges and a bookish cushion/throw pillow cover. See, it’\s more about books and still includes goodies.
Now coming to the ACOWAR box, the contents were minimal but still had more value than the cost of the box.
- BOTM – A court of wings and ruin by Sarah J Maas, obviously (Along with the map)
- A bookish candle featuring the Night Court from Whispering Flames.
- A lip balm – based on Starfall – that smells like heaven by Kool & Co.
- A beautiful handmade soap in the shape of Illyrian wings by Cape of Good soap.
Nothing unnecessary. And totally worth the money!!
The box contents
So how do you prefer your subscription boxes? More goodies, less books or Value for money?
All bibliophiles out there, Story Trunk is doing a ACOWAR themed box for May 2017. Grab your boxes now as the most expected book of the year is included in it. Yes, ACOWAR releases on May 2nd and they try to send out the boxes by end of April or May 1st week. Grab them soon, before they finish off..
I spent waaaay more than i thought for books this month. But I haven’t touched them as i’m still reading off my Kindle. It’s easier as the only time I’m free to read a book is before dozing off and paperbacks are out of the equation.
- By Your side by Kasie West (Kindle)
- Half Boyfriend by Judy Balan (Paperback)
- Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen (Penguin Vintage Classic Edition, Paperback)
- Emma by Jane Austen (Penguin Vintage Classic Edition, Paperback)
- Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen (Penguin Vintage Classic Edition, Paperback)
- My Not So perfect Life by Sophie Kinsella (Kindle)
- The Last of August by Brittany Cavallaro (Kindle)
- I’ll give you the Sun by Jandy Nelson (Paperback)
- How we met by Katy Regan (Paperback)
Apart from these I have received three books as part of my Feb book box.
So how many new books have you bought? 🙂
If you are reading this and still not aware of book boxes in India, go check my post on the growing number of book subscription boxes in our country, curated with love for all bibliophiles. Like i mentioned there, I got my first TBB (The Big Book) box this month. You can check out their plans from the website here. I’m not an Espresso girl but hey, the Cappuccino boxes were totally adorbs but a bit above my book budget. (I had already done some book shopping online 😥 )
So i ordered myself an Espresso box, a little late i should say and got it after almost everyone in Bookstagram revealed the Readable and Collectible book of the month
Nevertheless, i enjoyed and squeaked and did happy dances when i received my box, a gift from me to me, just a day before Valentine’s.
- Readable book of the month – A Quiet Kind of Thunder by Sara Barnard published on Jan 10 2017!!!!!
- Collectible of the month -an absolutely stunning hardcover – Dumplin by Julie Murphy
- A cute little A5 notebook from Daily Objects (How to chill like a Cat)
- An even more cute little jotter from Limn Designs (Little book of Big Thoughts – Stripes)
- A beautiful cup and saucer
- Four Harry Potter House bookmarks, Two magnetic bookmarks (<3 <3)
- A Gourmet Popcorn from 4700 BCE (Yet to be opened and munched on 😀 )
- Two tea packets from Teabox India (Fresh Darjeeling Masala & Fresh Mountain Rose)
- 6 cute wooden pegs
- Amazon Kindle discount vouchers
Phew… that was too much stacked in one awesome box.
Not to mention my giveaway prize – 1984 by George Orwell was inside too!!!
Would totally go for their boxes in the coming months. Love how beautifully they have curated every box. Its worth your money and you get to have some amazing collections to your bookshelf.
The March theme is “Mythological March” and TBB box has already revealed the Readable of the month.. *Drumrolls* Its Norse Mythology by Neil Gaiman published on 7th Feb 2017 !!! What are you waiting for… Grab ’em boxes before they are sold out 😀
A very badly taken picture, i know, but i was EXCITED!!!!!