31 days of meaningless rambles and rants. Thanks to everyone who visited the blog, read the posts, liked them and commented on them. To know that someone has read all the stupid things I wrote here for the past 31 days, makes me filled with happy tears😜
I enjoyed reading everyone’s posts and sorry for not able to comment on them for the past few days. I didn’t have the same josh as last year and I hardly managed to write something before the clock struck 12.
I thought I should the blogathon seriously and write sensible things. Ha..so much for even thinking about it. Last year, I remember making cheesecake to celebrate this day. Today I hardly made food. 😏
Taking up weight loss challenge and actually working towards it, must be the highlight of this blogathon. But the aftermath has made me very tired and sleepy. I will definitely come back to your blogs and read them in peace once I get used to these small workouts. Until then, thanks y’all, it was fun reading your posts and hope to continue this next year as well. Doesn’t mean, you or me will not write after this month. Hopefully will be back next month with a non-rant post..
So yesterday I had posted about 6 beautiful things to wake up to every morning. I should have added that they were all fictitious and I hadn’t experienced all of them. 😜 So let me point out six things to not wake up to, which happen almost all the time to me.
* The phone ringing on any weekend as early as possible in the morning. An office call for an urgent issue can downright be the most annoying thing to wake up for.
* Some maniac, somewhere blasting a kuthu song at unearthly hour of the day.
* Mothers screaming at the top of their lungs at babies, school going kids in the nearby flats. I don’t blame the moms, but the walls are thin and every word is distinctly heard in our bedroom.
* that part of early morning, where the AC temperature has just set perfectly, the bed is warm, you are sound asleep and nothing could go wrong. Except, power cut! I hate early morning power cuts, I hate power cut any time of the day. I NEED the fan’s soft sound to sleep. Yes, I’m the kind of person who needs both Fan and air conditioner. I can live without the latter but never without the former.
* B sleep talking or all of a sudden throwing his leg at me. This happens anytime between 3-5am and enough to make me lose my sleep.
* I never wake up before 7 and B sometimes is an early bird. At such rare occasions- Oh my god – the noise he makes with closing doors and digging for something in a pile of washed utensils.🙈🙈🙈
Best kind of mornings..
* When the early morning light slowly falls on your face, you open your eyes only to find your partner looking at you with love
* the pit patter of raindrops falling on the window sill, that awesome smell of wet soil… Rains are the best especially when the sun has just popped..
* waking up to the aroma of hot coffee, extra awesome if it’s made from freshly ground coffee..
* Waking up to your phone beeping with a text that it’s a local holiday and you can take off. (OK, not a fat chance of this happening in Private sectors )
* Someone somewhere listening to your favourite melody.. And throughout your day, you keep humming it..
* Biggest of all, your partner rolling over to your side of the bed, whispering all beautiful lovey-dovey things and finally tells, Don’t need to cook today!
Pic source – here
Gastroenteritis. I suspect that’s what is hurting me since yesterday night. 😕
* Even though your mixie has died on you, managing to prepare a last minute masala dal kichdi for lunch
* Rushing to office while the hair’s still wet and the car breaks down and you have to take an auto and Yayyy the hair s super dry by the time you reach to work.
* On the way to office, you stop by at the tailor’s because she’s calling you for measurements since a week and there you find you’ve gained weight as she notes that last month’s measurements do not match today’s. So the new dress will fit perfectly to the new ehmmmm you!
* Thinking to yourself that your time isn’t good right now and taking a look at the wrist watch that was gifted by the husband back during college and double check it only to find, it has stopped ticking. So no more thinking about bad times, yo!
* On the way back, stuck in traffic for more than an hour, counting your blessings and contemplating how lucky you are, because thank God the traffic has reduced the number of hours you will be alone home waiting for the husband to reach.
The week can’t get any better 🙂
We South Indians are all big on gold jewelry and our brides are adorned top to bottom with gold. Ever since I could remember I’m not much into gold jewelry or any for that matter, because I’m all minimalistic much to the hatred of my mom. Below are some of the really cool minimal jewelry designs I found over the Internet. Please click on the pictures for the original link.
Im absolutely in love with this mountain top earring and thanks to the big piercing on my ears that it will look like the mountain peak has a hole if I wear it 😕
Mountain top earring
My mom will instantly reject all of these saying it’s thin, will break easily, not easily noticeable and waste of money.. 😕
While B is working nights, I’m all alone at home. I’ve got zero interest to eat, cook, watch TV, read or do anything. It’s like this guy has to be a part of everything I do 😕 I’m going mad, missing him..
So on perfect timing, he ordered a gift, a very early Valentine’s it is! After much thought and some budget discussions ( yes, we decide together what my gift will be 😝 ) my first DSLR has arrived. Actually I got it on Monday. But my lack of enthusiasm at everything, especially because he wasn’t there when I opened the Amazon box, made things even more depressing.
But today I decided that I’ve had enough sulking for the week and decided to experiment with my camera. It’s an entry level Canon DSLR but still, I know nothing about their kind and getting slowly used to all the settings. I had to go learn what ISO meant, how to achieve shallow depth of field and all photography related things from Internet. The first picture I clicked was bad! And there I was thinking I would work magic.. At first glance it looked like my iPhone photos were much better. Then I tried changing few things like ISO and shutter speed and experimented around with a 50mm prime lens.
The entire week I was struggling to pass time and finally fall asleep in an empty house. Today I hardly noticed the clock and only when my stomach started rumbling, I realized I’ve been spending long time with the camera. I’ve learnt little about how changing the aperture, shutter speed could change the picture. Unexpected and a welcoming change!!!
First picture clicked using 50mm
Yesterday night saw me crying and brawling and going on a depressed mode. All’s well today and I’m back to my ‘everything’s gonna be alright mode’.
Sometimes you need to cry and let go off the pain. It’s good to cry! Once all the crying part is done, there comes a quietness, a sense of peace and the situation before you becomes a little clear.Until then it’s best not to decide anything.
Even though things don’t go as planned, it’s okay.. There’s nothing that hard which I can’t overcome, I say to myself after crying, each time. After all I did succeed in marrying B after a three year struggle. All that thrashing.. And I was strong. So what’s happening right now is merely a phase. This too shall pass.. And one day, I will reach that place where my tears have only one reason – happiness!
Have a great week ahead, people!
Shabbbaaaa weekend is here finally! Not that I cooked and washed and tirelessly worked the entire week.. But still, that no-office-tomorrow feeling is awesome. I don’t have much to write here, what with 3-4 slices of pizza gone and it’s almost midnight here. So, have a great weekend y’all!!
Here’s a fun fact I came across in Instagram. And I’ve totally copied it. Oh the irony!!