Gastroenteritis. I suspect that’s what is hurting me since yesterday night. 😕
* Even though your mixie has died on you, managing to prepare a last minute masala dal kichdi for lunch
* Rushing to office while the hair’s still wet and the car breaks down and you have to take an auto and Yayyy the hair s super dry by the time you reach to work.
* On the way to office, you stop by at the tailor’s because she’s calling you for measurements since a week and there you find you’ve gained weight as she notes that last month’s measurements do not match today’s. So the new dress will fit perfectly to the new ehmmmm you!
* Thinking to yourself that your time isn’t good right now and taking a look at the wrist watch that was gifted by the husband back during college and double check it only to find, it has stopped ticking. So no more thinking about bad times, yo!
* On the way back, stuck in traffic for more than an hour, counting your blessings and contemplating how lucky you are, because thank God the traffic has reduced the number of hours you will be alone home waiting for the husband to reach.
The week can’t get any better 🙂
Back in 2011, when I had just started talking with B, our SMSs where only centred around each teasing the other, he pulling my leg n very very lil dirty talk sometimes from him to check my reaction and a lot of kadalais.. But after the World Cup, I guess that’s when we really really started liking each other. He is very passionate about cricket and I can watch it, try whistling and enjoy the game even though I don’t know much. To me cricket was Dravid n then Dhoni.. 😝 To him, cricket is everything.. I mean this guy just knows how much runs, particularly the number of sixes n fours in all the matches 😳
That was the time I had started liking Dhoni and B is a die hard fan and when I say it, you should spell it. Few weeks back when Dhoni announced his retirement from test cricket, he was on the verge of crying. I kid you not! He.Adores.Him.
Also our mutual dislike for Sachin, gave way to too much of talking n msging during the entire World Cup tournament. (Let’s talk about that Sachin hatred thing later, k? I mean we don’t hate hate him, but we aren’t fond of him just the way we like Dhoni, the selfless man)
I was in final year of engg then, B and I were in different cities and mine was a strict-u college 😝 No cellphones that sort of thing.. So we had dabba phones in hostel that we hide with so much care n use it in secret.. Throughout the series, me n him will be msging each other the score and I could see how excited he is , all from his messages. During the final match, after much demands from us, a big screen was put up in our hostel and we watched the match with the help of projector. I cannot just put in words the fun we girls had, during the match. When Sehwag n Sachin got out, me n B kept wishing Dhoni would change the game. And that indeed happened. All through, messaging in secret coz our hostel wardens were just behind us.. The minute Dhoni had hit that final six the entire hostel was roaring and hugging each other and all I wanted was to see him enjoy that moment. We spoke for long after the match brimming with happiness n pride over Dhoni..
That moment we decided to be together for the next and all the coming World Cups.. And here it is… In few days.. 😍😍
Well, when things do happen your way, they happen all together I guess.. A whirlwind of events… all good ones..
And I was travelling to and fro to Chennai and home, every weekend, for a whole lot of wedding shopping. My last post about the wedding shopping saw me at a state where I was sulking about nothing wedding-y happening. But that was totally in the past. With the amount of shopping and all related preps, I’m desperate for some peace. That chain of good things – first of which was – parents and the rest of the family warming up to the fact that I’m marrying someone of my choice. Then I got promoted!! Then the stats in my blog started booming (which i hate to admit was because of the Half-girlfriend review.) And then my favorite author’s book was released on Oct, and the pre-ordered copy reached me on time, Also I couldn’t stop smiling from end-to-end when I got a mail to review a book at the exact same time I got the author signed copy of God is A Gamer from BlogAdda. Not to mention the runner up badge i’m flaunting in the blog for the Indiblogger contest. Andddd in 10 days I’m getting married. Phew!!. Too much happiness.. Touchwood!!