Tuesday or not, I’m doing this… Its simple… I just have to list out my top favorite swoon-worthy books. Easy peasy for me… Hehehe.. I dwell on these type of books, you know 😉 (Oh, Plzz no Harlequin or ‘that’ type of romance… *gag*)
The following books are some of my favorites and are listed in no particular order..
1) Of course, its Elizabeth Bennet and Mr.Darcy, for me, when I think Romance Novels.. I think Pride and Prejudice is the very first “love” story that i read in my teens.. As a part of English Reading at school.. Kinda stuck to me ever since as my favorite novel.
2) The second book I read, would be Scarlet Pimpernel, again for English Reading… Written beautifully by Baroness Orczy, this book scores amazingly high on my love-o-meter.. Who cannot love Percy Blakeney? *swoon*
“He was but a man madly, blindly, passionately in love and as soon as her light footstep had died away within the house, he knelt down upon the terrace steps, and in the very madness of his love he kissed one by one the places where her small foot had trodden, and the stone balustrade, where her tiny hand had rested last.”
3) I grew up reading Princess Diaries during my teens, and the first thing i fell for was – the epistolary form of writing – which i love, by the way, and started reading similar type of books. The second obvious thing would be – Michael Moscovitz. I cannot forget the poem he writes for her – Tall Drink of Water or how he keeps the snowflake necklace even after Mia and Michael break up, or how Mia always, always smells his neck and swoons.*giggles*.. He will always be favorite book boyfriend.
4) Like i said before, i started loving epistolary novels a lot, and my next favorite after Princess Diaries series was, Jessica Darling series by Megan McCafferty . I actually read it when i heard “How Opal Mehta got Kissed…” book was copied from the JD series.. I love Marcus Flutie.. and his “You. Yes. You” t-shirt!!. A perfect coming-of-age novel.
5) I’ve mentioned before, I never read serious, sad stuff.. If i hear/read reviews about a book having sad endings, thats it, I’ll give up reading that book. Forever. All because of “Love Story” by Erich Segal. There’s nothing new that i can say about that book, that hasn’t been already said/talked/swooned over with.
6) All of Rachel Hawthorne’s books. Especially I lurrrrve Parker from “Thrill Ride”. Suite Dreams, Labor of Love, Snowed in are good too. You know these are definitely books you ought to read when your in your teens and early tweens. You would totally fall for it.
7) I’m a die hard fan of Sophie Kinsella. And i will never make a book list without her name on it. Shopaholic Series – Luke Brandon and Becky, I’ve got your number – Poppy & Sam are awesome…
8) I kinda like books where the girl and the guy always fight (Like Lizzy & Darcy) and are married against their wishes to one another, and then start liking each other half way through the book, realizing how madly they are in love with each other. One such book is, “With this ring, I thee dread”.
9) Ok, so don’t kill me or mock at me… I do like Bella and Edward, like a lottt… Only the book, ok. Not the movie. It was the first paranormal fiction I ever read, and I fell for Edward very easily. Kinda explains why i love Stefan Salvatore, a little more than Damon. Stefan is way too much like the caring Edward. And I love it when a guy sings. Although you cannot hear, I love that Edward sings her to sleep. I re-read portions of the series way too many times.. Edward’s love is intense, and makes me jealous.
10) Anuja Chauhan’s Zoya Factor.. I read it just recently, and I was waiting to write a kutty review. I lovedddd the book. Being the girlfriend of a crazy Cricket-loving-Dhoni-worshipping guy, its only fair that i fall for this book. I mean, c’mon who doesn’t love a hot cricketer, especially in India? 😉 Obviously, this book would make you swoon. And with all the bickering between the lead pair, Anuja gives you the perfecttt ingredients for a funny, sweet and enjoyable love story.
See these books (Except one or two) were read years back.. So they might be kind of old or dated. But these books were a part of me growing up, understanding love, and dreaming of sweet happy endings. Some books are sooo into your memory, that they influence your thoughts and actions a lot. These books are sort of like that to me.
P.S. If people (Super-awesome, fantastic ppl :D) somewhere are reading this post, do share your list of fav books too. Would love to know, and read them.